- Demonstrate the ability to approach writing as a recursive process that requires substantial revision of drafts for content, organization, and clarity (global revision), as well as editing and proofreading (local revision).
- Be able to integrate their ideas with those of others using summary, paraphrase, quotation, analysis, and synthesis of relevant sources.
- Employ techniques of active reading, critical reading, and informal reading response for inquiry, learning, and thinking.
- Be able to critique their own and others’ work by emphasizing global revision early in the writing process and local revision later in the process.
- Document their work using appropriate conventions (MLA).
- Control sentence-level error (grammar, punctuation, spelling).